Roll of Thanks in 2021/2022
Thanks to the following organisations and individuals for bringing our park to life this past year:
Website Development and Support
Bright Pink Agency is a full-service, purpose-driven marketing agency. This international firm is our pro-bono development and support partner for the website.
Akilipix – Francesca McKenna: Francesca has created a full year’s worth of extraordinary photography for Friends of Cannizaro Park as our official photographer. Her broad expertise as a strong visual arts & media professional with years of experience in science, journalism and academic publishing, arts and advertising has enabled her to capture the beauty of the landscape and events, visually interpreting our aims in restoring the park for the benefit of the community
Richard True is a long standing gardening volunteer with a particular interest in trees. He has helped create the tree section of our website, providing both copy and detailed tree photography.
Art in the Park Main Sponsors
for their sponsorship of the Community Sculpture and the two Event marquees.
Nature Weekend 2021
Robert Holmes & Co for sponsorship of the entire event and our new illustrative map.
We’d like to thank:
- Kings College School, Peacock & Co Solicitors, Artfully Sorted, and Holden Harper Architects for providing sponsorship of events and classes for Art in the Park
- Wimbledon Books and Coombe Stationers for providing raffle prizes for the Nature Weekend
- All The Friends of Cannizaro Park, whose membership subscriptions are an invaluable source of funds for park projects
- Our donors, whose generosity has enabled us to fund the rose garden renovation, including buying 54 tonnes of new topsoil as well as all the new plants. We received £14,768 in donations this year
- WPCC, who drove the vehicles that moved those 54 tonnes of topsoil as near as possible to the rose garden
- Wimbledon Rugby Club for the loan of gazebos for Art in the Park
- Our tireless team of gardening volunteers whose sterling work year-round keeps your park looking so fabulous. Together they give over 40 hours a week, come rain or shine, to the park, equivalent to an extra full-time gardener for the park
- Our incredible team of organisation volunteers who put on events, create our newsletter and Instagram feeds
- Merton Green Spaces team for their support, partnership, and encouragement, as well as for providing the new rose garden paths and the grilles for the toilet windows after they were vandalised
- Idverde, and particularly our Cannizaro Gardener, for his support and for working with us on park projects
- Adrian Podmore and bird enthusiasts of RSPB Richmond and Twickenham for guiding bird walks at the Nature Weekend
- Kerry Dowson (Osteobreathe), for donating her fees from ICANN